Linden Park Primary School has a specialist music program and all students access music lessons with a music teacher.
In addition, at various year levels, optional musical experiences are offered. Linden Park Primary School does not have private lessons with private providers during school hours. Recommendations can, however, be provided.
In all class Music lessons, students have access to a range of classroom percussion instruments. They learn about the elements of music including pitch, rhythm, beat, form, structure, timbre and basic notation through singing, playing percussion, composing, making and responding to music.
Current Music Program:
Rec – Year 5: Class music lesson (45mins) per week
Year 2: Junior Choir on Thursday afternoons
Year 3 students: can apply for limited violin, viola and cello lessons with a DECD instrumental music teacher. All Year 3 and 4 students learn recorder as part of the Music Program.
Year 5-7 students:
- can apply for limited brass, woodwind and percussion lessons with a DECD instrumental music teacher.
- can join LPPS Concert Band (rehearsal once a week Friday morning)
- can join LPPS String Orchestra (rehearsal once a week Monday morning)
- Year 6 & 7 students access a 45min class music lesson for one semester
- Year 7 students can apply to join the Festival of Music Choir / Choral Eisteddfods
For more information click here to visit the Department for Education and Child Development Instrumental Music website
Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 students access a 45 minute specific class art lesson a week where students make and respond to artworks independently and collaboratively with their classmates and teacher. All other Year levels incorporate the arts curriculum within their Units of Inquiry through different mediums to explore artists, develop technical skills and evaluate how others create artworks.