At Linden Park Primary School your child’s learning program is based on the unique blending and strengthening of two curriculums: The Australian Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Primary Years Programme (PYP), which spans through Years Reception to 5.
- Middle Years Programme (MYP), which spans through Years 6 to 10.
Linden Park Primary School is proud to be accredited with International Baccalaureate Programmes (R-7) and has the honour of achieving the status of World School.
The philosophy underlying our programmes encompasses global education, intercultural communication and international mindedness. We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
Students at IB World Schools are given a unique education. They will:
- be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
- take part in programmes of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
- become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
- be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
Our teaching and learning programs are committed to students becoming active, compassionate and lifelong learners.
IB Primary Years Programme (PYP): Reception to Year 5
The PYP prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child. For more information click here to visit the IB website.
Middle Years Programme – Years 6 & 7
A challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world, the MYP is inclusive by design; students of all interests and academic abilities can benefit from their participation. For more information click here to visit the IB website.