Term 1 2021
Wednesday 27th January 2021 8:50am
The first day of school for 2021 will be Wednesday 27th January, 8:50am.
While there’s currently no community transmission of COVID-19 in South Australia, it’s important we remain prepared to respond to the fast changing nature of the pandemic. We will continue to follow the advice from the Department for Education and SA Health. We would like to minimise the number of people in our yard, as a result parents will not be allowed to enter buildings unless they have made an appointment via the front office and signed in using the COVID safe app. When on site parents must maintain social distancing at all times. Please remember, if your child is unwell it is important that they stay home and seek medical advice if required. The school will continue to implement additional cleaning and will remind students of safe hygiene practises.
School dismissal will be at the normal time 3:10pm and you will be required to wait for your child outside of buildings.
As adults, we must continue to physical distance wherever possible, including at school pick up and drop off. We understand that this may be difficult for younger students. Please be reassured that staff will be there to support this process and Early Years teachers will have designated areas for drop off and pick up. For older children, wherever possible please drop off and pick up your child at the gate.
On Wednesday morning, the first day of school, we will have a number of staff in high visibility vests in the Early Years yard able to help students find their 2021 teacher designated area.
The following activities can resume/continue providing government health advice and physical distancing requirements are strictly followed:
- Parents may enter the school grounds but due to social distancing are not able to enter the buildings at any time during the day unless they have a pre arranged appointment and have completed a covid QR check-in and have signed in at the front office.
- Volunteers, departmental support and other registered service providers may enter school grounds as long as they have signed in at the front office and completed a Covid safe check-in.
- School assemblies will resume on a fortnightly basis (R-2 and 3-7), however parents are unable to attend at this stage.
- Camps, incursions and excursions can go ahead as planned. Parent volunteers can support staff as long as they have completed the appropriate Covid checks (including upcoming swimming lessons).
- All school sport competitions, sports days and carnivals (parents attendance at these events will be communicated in the lead up), including inter-school competitions will go ahead as planned.