LPPS FRINGE 2018
On 28th November 2018 The LPPS Fringe transformed the school into an absolutely amazing community fundraising event.
As detailed in previous newsletters, our major fundraising challenge for 2018 and 2019 is to raise funds to build a Covered Outdoor Learning Area (C.O.L.A.) to be erected over the courts adjacent to the gym. Covered outdoor learning areas are an important extension of the classroom and it will provide Linden Park with a much needed multi-functional sheltered space suitable for whole school assemblies and provide a low maintenance outdoor space for students in inclement weather.
We are delighted to announce that the Fringe helped to raise approximately $ 12,000 towards our COLA building fund!
An event of this size does not happen without the assistance of many individuals and the Community & Fundraising Committee would like to extend a huge thank you to all the families and friends who attended. We must acknowledge some outstanding contributions:
- C&F Committee members: Emily S, Ree C, Lani C, Greta L, Susie I, Kassy R, Mel OT, Heidi R, Chris A, Amanda S, Hitomi S, Sarah T, Amy B, Zein A and Kate S. Each member of this committee has worked so hard to pull together the many stalls, catering, art gallery and entertainment for the event – all whilst juggling their own work/family commitments.
- Amy T (parent) who helped organise the EY Art Gallery
- Emma P (parent) who helped organise the Face Paint and Lucky Dip stalls
- Helen and Maggie for organising the Chinese BBQ
- Kat W and Matt Bradley for running the Sports Games stall.
- Amelia T for teaching the kids in Year 4 and Year 5 to do a flash mob dance
- The Year 7 students who were rostered onto numerous stalls throughout the night
- Novatech for providing all the AV and speaker equipment
- Vanessa and Alice, our wonderful Music Teachers, for preparing the kids for their musical performances
- Kara Loan, LPPS Art teacher, for her help with the EY Art Gallery
- Enzo, our groundsman, for helping set up for the night
- David Muldoon for being our MC on the night.
To the teachers and Year level leaders, the C&F Committee have really appreciated your commitment and support.
We hope an enjoyable evening was had by all and we look forward to your continued support in 2019.